About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Rowie Hooper and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Primary) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning" by Flex. This blog will be used to document my learning through out this course. This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society.

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Digital Tool 2 - Worlde

Wordle is a fantastic digital tool which is often used in the classroom. It is a self-reflection apparatus which allows you to create a word cloud. Wordle is simple and easy to navigate for those students who are not “tech savvy” also has the capacity to offer multiple open-minded opportunities across all curriculum areas. I have used this tool in a lesson when students were getting to know each other. They were instructed to create a Wordle with a collection of words using colour, shapes, and perspectives.  This digital tool best suits those visual learners as it helps students engage in the text more easily.  I created the above Wordle based on interest and family. I will continue to use this popular tool as it is a great reflective tool to use when students can evaluate or reflect on a topic.
I have perviously used Wordle in the classroom at the beginning of a term to allow students to get creative and produce title pages for their books.  I endevour to continue to use Worlde in the classroom in many more ways for instance self expression and other classroom activities that require their opinion or an evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment