About Me

My photo
Hi there, my name is Rowie Hooper and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Learning Management (Primary) through CQUniversity, Noosa Hub. I am currently taking part in a course "Managing E-Learning" by Flex. This blog will be used to document my learning through out this course. This course explores the technological competencies required within a 21st century connected society.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Digital Images, Podcasts, Digital Videos

Digital Images
My experiences with digital imagery are standard. During high school I used Flickr to upload and browse images for particular assessment. I also know how to search for free images where the author has given permission for their image to be used. I honestly think if you are going to make the decision of putting your work on the internet be prepared for it to be used. However I do think that the Creative Commons Licence should be more strict reading copyright. By this I mean follow up on authors claiming work and it been seen on another site in on the internet.
Podcast
I did it, I made my first ever podcast. After reading this week’s readings on Moodle about podcast I was able to from a general understanding of what a podcast actually is. From there I watched several on Google. Podcast are a fantastic auditory way to teach content in the classroom, they can be used by both teachers and students.  Podcasting in the classroom allows students to share learning experiences and creates a wider audience for those podcast that are meaningful. It also provides students with the opportunity to expand the use of technology in the classroom.
Digital Video
I guess you could say that Digital Video would benefit those kinesthetic learners. Videos are not only audio they also show a slide show of images or a video recording.  These are a wonderful tool to use in the classroom particular for demonstrations or video recording of an event. I have used digital videos from YouTube for assignments to explain certain content. I have also used MovieMaker to create videos for birthday celebrations and a video of my arts journey for The Arts in term 1.  Therefore digital videos are a great ICT tool to engage students in classroom learning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment